This Valentine, I am reminded of a special couple! The hubby is an avid volleyball player (loves sports), and somehow when I think of him, this image comes to mind!
Have you guys ever heard of "Love at First Sight"? If not, you are about to meet a couple who have only seen each other in a 3X5 photo, and (our Mr. James) proceeded to drive from L.A. and Mission Viejo, twice on the first date!
And for those of you (guys) with peculiar attire in your wardrobe, don't throw them away just yet! Let James give you a first-hand testimony about how "fishy" T-shirts can get your future wife's attention! Let's hear it for our adventurous and well-tanned James, who loves nature hikes, biking, and playing volleyball! His lovely wife is forever patient, letting him go to his games and rides while caring for her sweet pooches and little 4 year old Sophie!
~Our Love Story~ by James Woo
Michelle's brother, Michael, was working with one of my good friends. Michael had received an offer to work in Japan and felt bad that he was leaving his sister here in the US all alone. So he mentioned to my friend that he wanted to find Michelle a good boyfriend to keep her company and take care of her. [So, the little brother is finding his big sister "a good home"! ]
My friend, of course, mentioned that he knows someone who is Chinese and can actually speak Chinese too. They both got on their cellphones at the same time and called us to arrange a date.
We met on New Year's Eve 2000 (9 years ago!) and I guess my "fish net" shirt made quite an impression on Michelle.
(Editor's Note: Um...according to wife, the fish net shirt was REALLY peculiar...hence she remembers this guy who was so bold as to wear it on his first date. Unfortunately, Mr. James destroyed the evidence, so I can't show you all the shirt. Perhaps we need a show-and-tell-T-shirt-session soon!)
We had lunch in Laguna Beach by the sand, and no... I did not play beach volleyball on that day. I thought things were going well so I invited her to join me at a New Year's Eve party in Hollywood. We drove from Mission Viejo to Hollywood and then I took her back home again after the party.
Yes...it was quite a road trip and a marathon date lasting about 15 hours. After dropping her off at 2am, I was so tired, I had to pull off the freeway and sleep in my car at a hotel parking lot. Was it all worth it? Of course! Here we are today with a little Sophie and two dogs.
Yes...it was quite a road trip and a marathon date lasting about 15 hours. After dropping her off at 2am, I was so tired, I had to pull off the freeway and sleep in my car at a hotel parking lot. Was it all worth it? Of course! Here we are today with a little Sophie and two dogs.
I always thought that God had this all planned. I've dated all non-Christians in the past and the person that I married was a Christian!
After almost a year, I proposed to Michelle on top of the bluff by the Ritz Carlton in Laguna Beach overlooking the ocean. Well...this is our little story. [Below is editor's caricature of the couple]
~ End of James' Testimony ~
So there you have it, guys! 3 lessons we learned today:
(1) Funky wear sometimes attracts future mates! (2) Long commutes may be a blessing in disguise [editor also experienced the same in her college days]! (3) Don't drive sleepy! May the Lord continue to bless (and increase) your family, dear James and Michelle! Early Happy Valentine's to a romantic couple!
(1) Funky wear sometimes attracts future mates! (2) Long commutes may be a blessing in disguise [editor also experienced the same in her college days]! (3) Don't drive sleepy! May the Lord continue to bless (and increase) your family, dear James and Michelle! Early Happy Valentine's to a romantic couple!







No comments:
Post a Comment