1.21.2010

Meet our High School Sweethearts! (^_^)



Our sweet couple, Y&Y, is our special couple this week! They are always with each other, supporting and helping each other with their children. Yi Chun and Yi Yu have two special little ones, Nathan and Natalie, who are only 2 years apart. Below is the recount of their love story from the words of mama Yi Chun!



Yi-Yu and I came from Taipei, Taiwan. We went to the same middle school and high school (Yen-Ping high school) but in different classes. We didn't know each other during the middle school years..well, as least I didn't know him.





According to him, he noticed me when he was in 7th. grade (the first year of middle school). During the first year of high school (10th grade), he came to my class to borrow my notes often, that's how we started. Then we dated secrectly during high school years.



Because at that time, romance / relationship was not encouraged. To a high school student, nothing is more important than getting the highest score at the entrance exam to college. Afterwards, we went to different colleges and grew apart. We broke up when I was a sophomore. It seems like the end of a story, but it's not. Otherwise, I wouldn't be sitting here typing right now...





Six years later, I got a phone call from him for a dinner. That was a perfect timming for I just finished a heart-broken relationship. I was very sad about my ex-boyfriend's betrayal and Yi-Yu was very kind and sweet and familiar to me.

I defenselessly accept his love and care. Two months later, Yi-Yu got an admission to Georgia Tech at Atlanta, Goergia. He proposed to me and asked me to come to the U.S. with him. I was confused. I didn't know if I should give up my work, my family, my friends, my everything for this relationship.




Honestly, until today, I still don't know why and how I made up my mind to say yes to his proposal. Nevertheless, it is the best decision I've ever made in my life. When we first came to this country, we were all we have. The loneliness and helplessness forced us to get close to GOD and to each other. The closer we get to GOD and to each other, the more blessing and joy fulfill our life and marriage. When I look back, I thank GOD for He never abandons me.


He brought Yi-Yu back to my life when I was at the lowest point. He led us away from temptations so that we would have a pure, simple mind to follow Him. Now we are here with two more blessings, Nathan and Natalie. Life is not perfect, but I am thankful. For GOD has granded just enough for us.



In GV fellowship, they are one of the busiest couples because their children are very young and closest in age. So, we salute this special couple, and pray for them often!



1 comment:

  1. How romantic! Nice pictures! Yi-Chun used to look at a 小姑娘! -The Black Pearl

    ReplyDelete