12.07.2009

What Animal Are You?





Last Friday at GV fellowship, Pastor Allen introduced us to a wonderful icebreaker activity ~ Getting to know yourself and your loved ones ~ Through the Personality Test Questionaire! After answering a quick 20-question survey, we were able to roughly identify what animal we are, and hence, our corresponding strengths and weaknesses.





The results were divided into 4 Grids, with Swans (Influence) starting at the12-3 o'clock position, then Pandas (Steadiness), Turtles (Compliance), and finally, Sharks (Dominance) in a clockwise fashion. The fox is in the center, representing the ideal, well-rounded personality trait encompassing all 4 animals. If you haven't tried it, ask anyone in GV (or Pastor A) for a copy...it's interesting and fun, and though it's not 100% accurate, it gives us an idea of what we're like (or how we've evolved over the years).

It is surprising to discover that we have 80% swans, 15% turtles, 5% pandas, and 0% sharks in our midst last Friday night! Knowing and accepting our likeness and differences helps us embrace one another in our marriage/parenting, and serve (and not merely tolerate?) one another more harmoniously in church and at work!


I am convinced that hubby is a shark, though he says he's a swan at heart. I confess.....I am a co-dependent, perfectionistic, people-pleasing panda on my way to recovery. And having been married for 11 years, I've evolved into a very mean, no-nonsense swan with the help my Marky the sharky hubby.... This is all to keep our family zoo in order (or at least appear civilized in public).




My self-portrait
Have a Happy December, everyone! I look forward to seeing the Christmas videos of our little ones when they perform on our December 20th Sunday worship! Happy Birthday, Jesus!


2 comments:

  1. Soph, I did the test last night and you are right now I am a swan! Maggie

    ReplyDelete