When I think of this musically-gifted sister, I think of .....
Why? Because.....T-INKO-bell, is she! Free spirited, music-loving, and outgoing ~ our dear sister brings joy and warmth to those around her! And I do envy her big, beautiful, watery eyes (like "Snow White" below!)
But whether she's a fairy or a princess, I am (and aren't we all?) so blessed by Inko and her sweetheart ~ Jerry! Scroll downt o see his self-portrait below!
Jerry Wien-Jer Lee
Also a musician at heart, the two met at a church in Queens and sparks flew! Jerry loves playing his guitar and singing, and Inko loves playing the piano! Upon meeting Tinkobell, our Jerry boy magically turned into Prince Charming!
becomes
But then the clock struck 12:00, and Prince Jerry magically turns back from prince into a ...... mouse again!
Just kidding! Lucky for Inko girl, Jerry is also a great cook, too! They were foreigners in a brand new land, and fate (and God's loving plans) brought them together! They have two beautiful little girls, and their love for each other, their family, and the Lord is a wonderful example for us all!
HERE....is their love story ~ in Inko's own words!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The day Inkogirl proposed to Jerryboy
(and performed for him during their wedding!!)
We came from same country, Taiwan, one from Kaoshiung, one from Taipei but we didn’t meet each other there. God led us to meet each other in New York (Queens) where we both in the same church.
Jerry went to US one year earlier than me in 1995.
He studied his master degree in Computer Engineer in University of Bridgeport, CT. He always drives one hour from CT to NY every Sunday to attend the church because the Pastor Lin was a friend of his daddy’s in Tainan. I went to NY to study my master degree in Manhattan School of Music in 1996 and one of my mom’s relatives took me to this Union Church in Queens every Sunday.
In NY, I don’t have any relatives or friends at the time, so went to church was the most exciting thing that I like to go to every Sunday. After few months, I moved to Astoria, Queens so I have a grand piano to practice everyday in my church since I served in this church as a choir pianist and church pianist.
Jerry was one of the YAG members and choir members in the church and same as me. Eventually, we became closer friends because we all have no relatives in NY as a foreign student from Taiwan. Two years later, I graduated from MSM and ready to go back Taiwan to seek new job, but just before I do so…..I got a phone call from Taiwan. My parents told me to get engaged with Jerry in a few months because our Pastor Lin went back Taiwan to persuade my parents to let Jerry marry me…..guess what…..Jerry’s parents didn’t know that and Jerry didn’t know that, too.
We came from same country, Taiwan, one from Kaoshiung, one from Taipei but we didn’t meet each other there. God led us to meet each other in New York (Queens) where we both in the same church.
Jerry went to US one year earlier than me in 1995.
He studied his master degree in Computer Engineer in University of Bridgeport, CT. He always drives one hour from CT to NY every Sunday to attend the church because the Pastor Lin was a friend of his daddy’s in Tainan. I went to NY to study my master degree in Manhattan School of Music in 1996 and one of my mom’s relatives took me to this Union Church in Queens every Sunday.
In NY, I don’t have any relatives or friends at the time, so went to church was the most exciting thing that I like to go to every Sunday. After few months, I moved to Astoria, Queens so I have a grand piano to practice everyday in my church since I served in this church as a choir pianist and church pianist.
Jerry was one of the YAG members and choir members in the church and same as me. Eventually, we became closer friends because we all have no relatives in NY as a foreign student from Taiwan. Two years later, I graduated from MSM and ready to go back Taiwan to seek new job, but just before I do so…..I got a phone call from Taiwan. My parents told me to get engaged with Jerry in a few months because our Pastor Lin went back Taiwan to persuade my parents to let Jerry marry me…..guess what…..Jerry’s parents didn’t know that and Jerry didn’t know that, too.
We both felt shocked especially Jerry because he wanted to get a job before getting married. No matter what, we realized Pastor Lin really wanted us to get married as soon as possible so we won’t be apart someday. Well, things went smoothly just like what our parents planned. Got engaged in Taiwan but we made a deal, we wanted to get married in Union church, NY where we both met and had friends around there. We got married in our church and I was the craziest bride who was playing the piano with String quartet and Choir singing Beethoven’s Chorus Symphony.
I had a dream to perform with Orchestra just like Piano Concerto and I knew I will never had a chance to do so….so I did it on my wedding…..I reorganized the Original piece into 2 Violins, 1 Viola, 1 Cello and 1 Flute and the choir to play with piano. I even re-wrote the whole song with Taiwanese (words taken from the Taiwanese Hymn book). The song was not easy to sing but our church choir members tried their best to sing the highest note ever they did in their life……for a crazy bride who played the song for the Groom Jerry.
After wedding, we moved to California to start our new life and 3 years later, we have Zoe. That’s the story with Inko and Jerry happily ever after even though Jerry had never asked me to marry him 11 years ago. Ta-Da~ The End! I hope the story was not too long~
wahaha.....very funny~ Tinkobell and Prince Jerry~ Well-done! Sophie!
ReplyDeleteThat's the hint, Jerry, When are you going to formally propose to Tinkobell?
ReplyDeleteYeah~ Jerry has to buy a huge diamond and 100 roses to Tinkobell if he wants to formally propose to Tinkobell again~
ReplyDeleteMaybe we need to have a renew your vows ceremony, aye, Mr. Jerry?
ReplyDelete