5.04.2009

The Best (and most difficult) Job in the world ~

HAPPY MOMMY'S WEEK, EVERYONE !!

Way to Go!! Wherever you are in your Motherhood journey, remember the good news: We're all on the same Boat! On this Mother's day week, I feel so horrible today and I think I qualify for the worst mommy award! Sigh...


First it's the 3 yr old who had fever since yesterday, causing me to stay on "alert mode" and compulsively ear-zapping her every few minutes. We're also home-bound all day (week?) because of this, but thankfully I got the internet and email (and friends whom I can flood inboxes with). By 2:45pm, I get a call from the carpool mom who reports that she waited for 20 minutes and everyone had gone home, but still she didn't see Caleb. Assuming I picked him up, she and her son went home. I called the school office and they reportedly couldn't find him either, Aruughhh!


Toting the feverish, cranky 3-year-old with me, we proceeded to the school office looking for the missing kid. Before we arrived, I got a call back from hubby, who claims boy did go to school this morning and he has no idea where the boy may be. Thoughts raced through my mind of the boy's face on milk cartons, and I search my memory of whether we had any fights earlier and if he decided to follow the path of .....


When I arrived at the school office, there he was!! I have no idea how the carpool mom and office missed him, but somehow they didn't see him. Sigh, I was already on edge with the sick young one and the meandering big brother ~ so I rebuked (ok...screamed at) him harshly...all the way home.

I know it was a random miscommunication that happened, but I can't help being upset. I guess the day you pop that babe out, your heart is then surgically placed inside-out, and everything your youngster does will affect you in some way (and you are also stuck with a new friend named "guilt"). Whatever your kids are going through at this moment, you're right there with them. (Note: If you've beared with me this far in this post, THANK YOU for your patience in hearing me out ~ I guess today I may have contracted the "whine" flu myself!! ^_^)

Hence this tribute to all my beloved mommies ~ You are doing so well, whether your hair is put up nice, your clothes tidy and in vogue, your voice cracking instead of gentle, and your mood is fluctuating down more than up ~ the point is, you are doing your best, 24/7, for your hubby and unpredictable, rambunctious little ones.

Hats off to all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment