9.28.2009

The Serving Family on the Go!


This morning I sat at my computer looking at our GV blog, and the Hsu family surfaced in my mind. I decided to dedicate this post to their sweet family, and remember them for their heart and love for our fellowship.


I counted back to when I first met brother Tony....whoa, it was 20 years ago! I was the younger sister of his best friend Daniel, and we all went to Cerritos High together! That was 1989! My big brother and Tony had lots in common, and shared leadership responsibilities in our high school Chinese club as co-presidents. They lived as roommates & served the Lord together in college. Then they both became dentists too!




It is a special relationship to have a family friend like Tony, and then his family grew as he met and married the love of his life, Marian ~ And together they became Grapevine's most beloved commuter couple! Did you know that they are the winner of our Grapevine Valentine 2009: "How well do you know your sweetheart? " Contest too!

They were both going to school when fate brought them together. Marian was an undergrad Berkeley while Tony ~ a dental student in UCSF! They both attended EFC Berkeley, and had been friends in church for a few years until the year that ..... Tony was about to graduate. When Tony asked Marian to be his girlfriend....she politely and quickly said, "No Way!" Crestfallen, Tony came back to L.A. and worked as a dentist. During this year, God heard Tony's fervent prayers and magically changed Marian's heart...and she heartily gave Tony an "Okay" at the end of the year! So they got married and went to Missouri, both to pursue further studies in dental and optometry fields.

Now, like siamese twins, you always see one with the other. Whether at home, at the office, or in church, they serve and minister to others in harmony.




We sense their heart for the Lord as they serve in song leading and music playing, and though they are often busy and fatigued after a long day ~ they tirelessly make the biggest effort to be here to support GV and all the members.




Little Nathan, Chloe, and baby Sarah soon followed....and the Lord blessed them greatly. It is a big blessing that the Lord blessed them with a boy, a girl, and then another bonus! I think that having 3 kids is a really cool thing, and it seems very 'complete', as we see in exemplary families like "The Incredibles" and "The Simpsons"! If I had the stomach for it, I'd go for it too! (^_^)





I remember 2 things that Tony shared in the past....that God makes someone suitable just for you, and that though each person has very different strengths and weaknesses, that unique partner of yours will fit you just right and together you will glorify the Lord as one!

And it's true! God is the first and forever the best matchmaker ever!


This reminds me of the famous words of Jerry McGuire...."YOU.....Complete...... me....". Thanks for inspiring us, Tony!




The Lord has blessed us greatly with this family, and we will continue to pray for them as they serve their community and minister to the church through music & sharing. May the Lord give them strength and keep them healthy & safe in their commutes.


God bless you, brother Tony and Sister Marian!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Soph,
    Can you replace the "The Simpsons" picture with "The Incredibles"?
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm984126464/tt0317705
    I think Homer may break Tony's image. Nathan doesn't jump like Bart, but Nathan can run fast like Dash.

    Thanks,
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Ok, I've changed the Simpson swim picture with a family holding hands picture. The baby in Incredibles is a boy, however, so that's why I chose Simpson (the genders match) family ^_^ Here you go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for great work, Soph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like the part that "God makes someone just suitable for you....that unique partner of yours will just fit you right and TOGETHER YOU WILL GLORIFY THE LORD AS ONE!" Thank the Hsu family's living witness and encouragement, and thank Sophie for always bringing out the best of each family! I am very encouraged and feel blessed to have brothers and sisters in Christ like you!

    The Black Pearl

    ReplyDelete