I am one of your Grapevine sister! Can you guess who I am? I have a boy and a girl, and a hubby who cooks the best steak, loves Japanese soap opera (shh...secret!) and loves to hike. I, on the other hand, love to watch chinese soap operas, blog and eat See's chocolate-covered almonds in large doses.... and shop (um....'stimulate the economy).
To give you a better idea of who we may be, I will include a self-portrait of each of us. Please share only amongst yourselves, as we are a bit "self-conscious" about how we look on-line. ^_^
Here I am! And if my boy's class has a "What does your mommy do?" session, this is likely what I will tell them! j/k. The littlest thing we do for our family, we do it as unto the Lord, though these work never seem to be done!

And here's our little boy, who is named "Lightening" by his friends. He loves to run, play baseball, and like Uncle Sam (Liu) ~ is a boy of few words!

And here's our little girl, who will go home with anyone who gives her sweets and fruits! She'll grow up to be a successful salesperson, as she'll talk nonstop until she wears you out and you'll give in and give her whatever she requests!
WARNING: She throws the worst tantrums! Nickname: Mei Mei

Finally, my lovely Hubby ~ Doing his favorite activity!

I kid you not, he's always in this position if he's not cooking steak, watching Japanese soaps, eating, or hiking. Just take a look at the picture I took yesterday (I promise you that this is a REAL portrait)..... ^_^ Drop by our home anytime and you'll likely find him in this position ~ ~ ~
Maybe he was reading the passage in his red Bible (see below) that says, "Come to me, all you weary and heavy-burdened, and I will give you rest!" ^_^
Hubby and I met in UCSD, where I was a fresh-girl and he was a super-senior-guy. We were both in Navigator campus fellowship and surprisingly his dad (family) came to be my (Trinity) church pastor in the Buena park area soon after we met! He'd give me rides to UCSD, since I didn't have a car as a freshwoman. He'd drive and listen, and I would talk....and talk....and talk (hm...where did princess A get her loquacious skills?). We dated for 5.5 years before we tied the knot.
When I first met his parents in my freshwoman year, I fell in love with them. Their love and acceptance of each other and their kids, really made me want to be a part of their family! Though his mom is in a wheelchair today, we can still see his dad's love for her through his serving her in eating, transportation, toiletting, and being there for her every need. People would tell him, "If you didn't have to take care of her, you could be traveling and speaking in several churches and writing more books!"
But to dad, serving mom IS his ministry. Doing the most insignificant things for our loved ones (often without any visible rewards), is our biggest display of love and faith in our Heavenly Father. This is love not only in words, but on wheels!And I saw this....in my dad-in-law! That's why we named our boy after grandpa.
We are blessed to be part of this wonderful, courageous, supportive fellowship. Having you here makes parenting and marriage a wonderful adventure we can embark on together!
Love and hugs in Him,
S,M,A,C Tsai
No comments:
Post a Comment