3.02.2010

Our GV Koala Couple ~ Love at first, and second, and third, and fourth.....Sight!



Today I thought of our special friends, who are very very funny, generous, and are big eaters too! They are best known for their big appetites and slim bodies. The picture of Koala bears came to mind when I thought of them!


Wayne saw Melody under a tree at a fundraising function playing a special chinese instrument Yang-Ching! It was LOVE at first sight for him! Wayne kept on asking her questions to capture her attention, but Melody answered calmly and indifferently at first. Here is their story, in Wayne's own words!  
_______________________


It surely was love at the first sight for me although Melody did not put her first sight on me until a week later. I saw her at a political campaign. She was playing Chinese Hammered Dacimer.





I asked her what was that instrument (not that he cares). She did not even raise her head but simply replied plainly, "揚琴". As of this day, Melody can not remember that I saw her and asked her a question.




A week later, I saw her again and finally had more courage to give her a little campaign souvenir as a gift, so that she would actually have to talk to me. Her face was very red, as pretty as a fully blossomed rose, as her colleagues sitting around her with other instruments looking at the first interaction between us two. Literally, the crowd listening to the political speech shifted their eyes on the couple (us) as Melody played in front of the stage. That was absolutely love at first sight for me.


A couple week later, during our first date, we naturally held our hands as we walked around Melody's campus. I found an excuse to see her by asking her to show me her well-known and beautiful campus. She was then a senior at the Taipei National University of Art. We could not recall who held whose hand first. Later on the same day, we went to 淡水for dinner, walked by the moonlight, sat, talked....... and that was it. That was the point of no return.  The best thing ever.....had finally happened to me! I found home. Melody is home for me.


淡水


A few months later, under the moonlight of 淡水 river, We sat again, talked, cuddled, kissed, and I took out a ring from my jacket and said................  (Editor's Note: What? What did you say, Wayne? What was Melody's  response? Don't keep us hanging like that!)



Now we have one little Wayne (Adam, 5 years old) and one little Melody (Carmel, 2 years old). "God is so good to us", we both say (with hearts in their eyes ~ by "editor").



Thank you! Wayne
___________________

Their kids are very blessed that dad works as a software consultant at home, and both parents love and care for them wholeheartedly. Lucky them!

Pelican Hill

If there ever was a real life fairy tale that ended with, "And they lived happily ever after....", it would have to be Prince Wayne and Princess Melody! They were baptized last year and dedicated themselves and their family to the Lord. May the Lord bless you richly, dear Wayne and Melody! (^_^) We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a piece you put together. I am intrigue you used Koala.

    Do you know I used to call Melody Koala after we fell in love and prior to Melody’s preganacy with Adam? Anywhere we went, she loved to hang on me just like the one from the picture you put up.

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, thank you for giving me the job as a software consultant. But my real and only job now is an assistant coach for Colorado Rockies Base Team-- Irvine Pony Divion. Adam is a team member, numbered 6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO way! Caleb is also number 6 in USC Trojan team right now! Go coach! Mark was the 3rd base coach for Caleb's rookie baseball team last year ~ Dodgers! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete